Wednesday, July 23, 2008

All Things Wedding (Originally Posted January 1)

Yes, I am a bit compulsive about planning. So what? I get things done. Our wedding is less than six months away, which seems like an eternity. But I'm sure it will be here in no time.

We've got our church and minister: George Baker at Highland Oaks Church of Christ
Reception: Trammell Crow Building in the Asian Art Museum
Photographer: The FABULOUS Cristina Wisner
Florist: The lovely ladies of A Stylish Soiree
Our cake: The Cake Lady (2 cakes: Mine and Brian's...both paid for by Bri's parents. yay!)
The ceremony music: 2 of my students are redoing the traditional wedding march using an electric guitar and a snare drum. (Mimi is gonna freak!)
Our DJ: The talented Nate at DJ Connection
Our favors: A photobooth and perhaps CDs for everyone
The Hotel: Hotel Indigo...quite unique
My dress: blogged a bit about that already...from Demetrios
Bridesmaids' Dresses: To be taken care of Thursday! (the 5 bridesmaids in knee-length black dresses; the Matron of Honor is a floor-length pink number)
The Honeymoon: Hawaii! (flights booked today!!!)
The Rehearsal Dinner: BUGATTI...so yummy!
The Stylist: The ever so fabulous Bailey

The bridal portrait date is set and my 2 showers are on the calendar.
The girls are all staying with me the Friday night before the wedding. My last slumber party as a bachelorette! I'm so blessed to have girlfriends like the girls in my bridal party: Kim, the Matron of Honor (I'd be lost without her...my wedding coordinator), my sister Courtney (she's my best friend), my sister Morgan (probably the happiest for Brian and me), Leila (busy.busy.busy. but always comes through in the end), Raeane (so super supportive), and Luanne (Brian's sister and soon to be my sister too!). Then there's Paige...the junior bridesmaid and Brian's niece, and Raegan, the CUTEST flower girl ever. Seriously, she may outshine me that day. (okay...probably not...or at least she better not!)

I don't know what I'd do without those girls. And I don't know what I'd do without Mimi. She may be more obsessed with this wedding than I am. (yeah, that's definitely an overstatement, but she's nuts about it too!) She's already helped us so much. And my mom is great, too. She's always there to help buffer the situation when Mimi's opinions get a little out of hand. Brian's parents are awesome too. I really never thought people got along with their in-laws, but I honestly do. They are wonderful. Our families get along so well. It really makes our lives so much easier. I know people who don't get along with their in-laws, and it makes things so incredibly difficult, especially around the holidays.I'm glad Brian and I don't have to deal with that. We are quite fortunate.

No comments: